20 Bootcamp style home workouts
How's Covid-19 affecting you? Here in Dubai we are only allowed outside during the daytime for essential activities including work, shopping and to go to the pharmacy. Whilst outdoor exercise was allowed last week, this week the rules have tightened and no outdoor exercise activity is allowed which is tough for those who are used to working out regularly.
I'm not an avid gym goer at the moment, but have been enjoying daily walks around my community, getting in some fresh air and enjoying the time outside before the hot summer. Whilst we are in 'lockdown' I'm trying to keep up my daily steps, which is a challenge in an apartment. Let's be honest there's only so many times I can walk around without being tempted to visit the fridge too!
Get moving with these 20 Boot camp style home workouts that you can do with no equipment. Includes workouts and exercise guidance information along with trainer hints and tips..
Inside the guide you'll find 20 Boot Camp style exercise routines that you can do at home without any gym equipment. There's something for all levels and you can download it immediately.
How to Train at home
There are no hard and fast rules, here's a few tips that I've found useful:
- Book out some time to train just like you would book gym or exercise time
- Find a suitable space that you can use (animal free is helpful if you don't want them joining in with you).
- Turn on the A/C or open the windows to keep cool
- Have plenty of water to hand and keep hydrated
- Put on your sports kit - this helps psychologically as well as physically
- Be kind to yourself - whilst you may have all the best intentions to do a hard workout etc, it might just be that you can't quite workout to the same intensity as you are used to and that's ok.
- Congratulate yourself for working on your health and wellbeing.
- Have a plan - use an app, or guide to help you have a routine/exercise plan.
- Finally, a big Hi Five to you! It's not easy to workout at home when your usual routine is so very different.
Why I use the guide..
When I'm trying to work out at home, outside or on my own in the gym, I have a mental freeze or block and can't remember what to do or how to do it! If this sounds like you, or you just want a plan to help inspire you to get active, then this free download is for you. No equipment is necessary, just bring yourself, a towel and plenty of water.
If you prefer to use your phone and apps there are plenty to choose from in the App store with plenty of free options - personally I prefer to have my phone linked to some music instead.
Apps that I have used in the past and enjoyed include : My Fitness Pal, The Body Coach - check out Joe Wicks on Instagram or YouTube.
Here's a link with some more inspiration for you:,
TIP : Dont' forget to grab your headphones and some great music to keep you inspired!.
Don't forget to warm up and cool down and only exercise if you have been cleared to do so by a medical professional.
And finally ....
"Movement is movement. If that's cleaning the house, dancing around your kitchen, going for a walk, walking the dog - that all counts as exercise" ~ Hollie Grant ~ Your Dream Life.
Workouts designed by Fit Pro Essentials and brought to you by The Rebel Nutrition Coach as a Free Download with permission from Fit Pro Essentials.