GINGER SEA BASS
Executive Chef, Idin Asmitha, at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Abu Dhabi Hotel shares an aromatic recipe for Ginger Seabass.
Cooking is a perfect activity to keep your spirits up.
The fish is cooked in an aromatic ginger, lime juice, coriander, lemongrass and green chilly and is rich in vitamins and minerals ranging from Vitamin C, K & D to Omega-3 and Iron that are key factors to fighting inflammation in the body, boosting immunity system, controlling cholesterol levels, improving digestion and much more.
Recipe supplied by Anantara Eastern Mangroves Abu Dhabi Hotel
- Sea bass 220 g
- Fresh ginger 60 g
- Green chilli 20 g
- Garlic 20 g
- Lime leaf 10 g
- Coriander 10g
- Lemongrass 20 g
- Lime juice 20 ml
- Fish sauce 40 ml
- Oyster sauce 40 ml
- Brown sugar 20g
- Water 500 ml
- 100ml Fish Stock
- 10g chopped garlic
- 30g crushed red or green chilli
- 60ml lime juice
- salt & pepper
- Coriander and lemongrass to garnish
- Place the ginger slices and lime leaves in a bowl.
- Add chopped garlic, chopped green chilli, oyster sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chopped lemongrass, and water plus a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Pour the mixture onto the fish and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Use a sauté pan to cook the fish, cover and steam the fish for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- In a medium mixing bowl, Pour 100 ml water from reducing fish stock, add 5g chopped garlic, 15g crushed green or red chili, 30 ml lime juice, salt and pepper and serve the sauce directly no need to cook.
- Plate the fish topped with the sauce and garnish with finely chopped coriander and lemongrass.